Prom is a big important event and it’s an amazing opportunity to get all dressed up from head to toe! While the dress, accessories, and hair are super important, so is your makeup. And ladies, your makeup only looks as good as your skin. So whether you have a normal, oily, dry, acne prone complexion – it’s important to start a skin care regimen that is right for you.
Start soon so your skin has a couple of months to get used to the new products.
Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Go to dermatologist if there are any skin issues you need to address
- Start drinking lots of water!!
- Start growing out brows so you can have them shaped perfectly for prom
- Start being diligent about your daily skin-care routine
- Cleanse morning and night with a gentle foaming cleanser
- Exfoliate face 2X per week in the shower
- Use daily moisturizer with SPF under your makeup
- Apply a light moisturizer around your eyes before bed
- Keep lips in shape by exfoliating with warm water and a soft toothbrush – seal in moisture with Aquaphor
If you want to look tan, start testing self tanners on your skin to see which texture is easy to blend and gives the most natural color.
Avoid tanning beds! I personally caught a skin fungus in one! Ewwwwww!