You’ve heard the term “glowing bride” why not a “glowing groom”? Print out these tips and anonymously tape them to the bathroom mirror. Or, email me and I’ll send them their own personal link to this post.
- Two nights a week, exfoliate any dry skin off your face with a light exfoliating face wash (St. Ives Apricot Scrub available at drugstores).
- For an extra glow consider applying a light self-tanner to your face. You will look great in the pictures and have a head start before arriving to your sunny honeymoon destination.
- To exfoliate dry skin off your lips soak your toothbrush in warm water and gently brush your lips in a circular motion – follow up by applying lip balm regularly
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER THE WEEK BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
MAN – SCAPING
Your bride does a lot of prep work to make sure she looks and feels her best for you on your wedding day. Return the favor by doing a little extra “grooming” for your big day.
- Have your barber or hairdresser trim your eyebrows. If you have a unibrow, you may opt to have area in-between your brows waxed or plucked.
- A stray nose hair is never sexy. Get out the trimmer and go crazy!
- Shave in two steps. First, shave with the grain with very light pressure. Second, reapply a coat of shaving cream and shave against the grain for super-close and smooth results – follow up with a calming aftershave lotion. Or treat yourself to a professional shave at a specialty shop like “The Art of Shaving”.
- You are going to have a new accessory – A RING, and everyone is going to want to take a close look at it! Consider getting those nails and cuticles under control by getting a manicure a few days before your wedding.
TIPS FOR YOUR GROOMSMEN:
Hung-over groomsmen are better hydrated. Make sure you have lots of bottled water available for your “best men” while you are getting dressed and during photos.
To calm puffy tired eyes, relax with a cold washcloth on your eyes for 20 minutes.
PACK A BAG OF EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS: